Scope of Journal
Journal of Culture & Heritage Studies (JCHS) is a multi-disciplinary publication dedicated to the promotion and dissemination of scholarly study of Culture and of the Heritage Studies. . The main purpose of JCH is to publish original papers which comprise previously unpublished data and present innovative methods concerning all scientific aspects related to the knowledge of cultural heritage as well as novel interpretation and theoretical issues related to preservation. The journal is intended to offer a venue to scientists from different disciplines whose common objective is developing and applying scientific methods to improve the research and knowledge on cultural heritage, in particular in the following fields: • Safeguarding, conservation and exploitation of cultural heritage • Heritage management and economic analyses • Computer sciences in cultural heritage • Impact of climate change on cultural heritage and management of the change The Journal of Cultural Heritage is interested in papers: • Reporting significant advances in scientific methods and techniques • Presenting multidisciplinary research • Dealing with issues of wide/global interest • Review papers dealing with specific topics in which an up-to-date "state of the art" is presented The articles must be suitable and considered of great interest for a wide audience; thus the editorial planning foresees reducing the number of articles dealing with case studies, in order to favor original articles. The journal is not interested in papers related to one well established technique applied to shed light on question of local interest, nor in papers based on subjective observations or descriptive approaches. Reports on restoration/conservation activities should be avoided unless they present a specific technical or scientific novelty.
The journal welcomes the manuscripts dealing with range of areas mentioned above and presenting the reflections useful in global and Pakistani context.
The journal accepts the submissions in two languages (Urdu and English). If you are considering submitting an article to the Journal, please take a careful notice of the Journal's requirements about its scope and reference style etc.
Aims & Objectives of JCHS Include:
-to encourage advanced scholarly research on contemporary issues of the modern era,
-to deliver analytical reviews on the latest books and other academic materials.
-to publish articles after the blind peer review process, which is carried out by leading specialists in Islamic & religious studies in order to enhance the Islamic scientific research which addresses the issues faced by our societies.
-to develop diversity, tolerance, and fruitful scholarly discussions among researchers without any ethnic, national, or religious discrimination. So JCHS welcomes scholars from around the world to submit their scholarly contributions to our platform.
JCHS follows a systematic review and publication policy. It follows double blind peer review policy. The article is sent to two reviewers who are the experts in their respective field to review the paper in the light of journal’s guidelines and features of a quality research paper. If the reviewers suggest some changes then the same suggestions will be forwarded to the authors to ensure the quality of articles and after that revised articles will be accepted. Publication process is as follows:
- The submitted manuscript is acknowledged within 24 hours upon receipt.
- The manuscript/paper is sent to two reviewers without the name and affiliations of the author(s). The review process takes maximum two weeks.
- The review reports are collected from the reviewers and the executive editor will send the review reports to the authors including all terms and conditions of the publication.
- If the paper is accepted then the executive editor will send positive reply to the authors. If the paper is accepted subject to modification, the executive editor will send the review reports to the authors including a formal request to modify the paper by seven days as per the suggestions of the reviewers. The executive author will send the modified paper to the same reviewers of the said paper to justify the modifications. If the paper is again returned by the reviewers then the article is said to be finally rejected. The journal will not proceed with the said paper. However, in case of very minor changes, the editorial board may consider the paper for further modifications.
- The accepted paper is processed for publication (soft copy) upon the successful completion of the journal’s terms and conditions. The acceptance letter will be issued within five days after the acceptance of article.
- Proof Reading: Before publishing the processed article, the executive editor will send it to the author for final proof reading.
- The paper is published online first. The executive editor will notify the authors about online publication with necessary download link. The authors may request for any correction in published paper (in case of extremely important changes) within three days of online publication.
- The journal is published in print form within one week after the online publication.
- The executive editor will ask the authors of the published papers to send their correct and complete mailing address (with proper ZIP Code and postal code) by three days after print publication.
- The executive editor will send the hard copy of the journal to the authors within one month after print publication.
Open Access Policy
All research articles published in the JCHS are fully open access and immediately freely available to read, download and share. Users, without asking prior permission from author/publisher, are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of published material, for any sort of lawful purpose. Therefore, the journal is published under the CCBY-NC 4.0 user license which defines the permitted 3rd-party reuse of its articles.
The author(s) and copyright holder(s) grant(s) to all users a free, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual right of access to, and a license to copy, use, distribute, transmit and display the work publicly and to make and distribute derivative works, in any digital medium for any responsible purpose, subject to proper attribution of authorship as well as the right to make small numbers of printed copies for their personal use.
A complete version of the work and all supplemental materials, including a copy of the permission as stated above, in a suitable standard electronic format is deposited immediately upon initial publication in at least one online repository that is supported by an academic institution, scholarly society, government agency, or other well-established organization that seeks to enable open access, unrestricted distribution, interoperability, and long-term archiving.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Open access is a property of individual works, not necessarily journals or publishers.
Community standards, rather than copyright law, will continue to provide the mechanism for enforcement of proper attribution and responsible use of the published work, as they do now.
Open articles are published under Creative Commons licenses. Authors publishing in the JCHS can use the following Creative Commons licenses for their articles: