Aims and Scope
The Pakistan Journal of Qur’ānic Studies is an Academic Journal devoted to Islamic Studies. It is to serve as a forum for scholars to write objectively, analytically and where ever necessary, critically on Islamic History, Archaeology, Law and Jurisprudence, etc.
- It brings out the achievements of Muslims in the fields of Humanities, Social and Islamic sciences especially in the field of Qur’ānic sciences.
- It aims at defining Islam in terms of its fundamentals in a rational and Islamic manner emphasizing, at the same time, the basic Islamic ideals of universal brotherhood, tolerance, and social justice.
- It aims at interpreting the teachings of Islam in such a way as to bring out its dynamic character in the context of the intellectual progress of the modern world.
The Pakistan Journal of Qur’ānic Studies is a research journal covering all areas of Islamic learning and related branches of knowledge including subjects such as Qur’ānic sciences, Islamic studies, theology, mysticism, history, culture and civilization, anthropology, education, human rights, contemporary issues related to Muslim societies. The journal accepts the submissions in three languages (Urdu, Arabic & English). So we welcome and provide a platform to scholars, researchers, professors to publish their valuable research on current issues in the field of Islamic Studies. If you are considering submitting an article to the Journal, please take a careful notice of the Journal's requirements about its scope and reference style etc.
It provides an open forum for a dialogue among the Fundamentalist, Conservative, and the Modernist schools of thought among the Muslims aiming at finding a balanced view.
- It endeavors, through dialogue, to find Islamic answers to the question relating to social, political, economic, and moral problems of the fast and drastically changing world of today.
- It endeavors to promote better understanding between the Islamic World.
Our Vision & Mission
- We will publish the best academic articles that seek to promote understanding, stimulate debate and communicate scholarly ideas to the world in the field of Islamic studies.
- We publish articles in our selected subject areas across the Islamic sciences and Qur’ānic studies, combining original, cutting-edge scholarship with high editorial and production values to produce works of lasting importance.
- We contribute to Pakistan’s long tradition of furthering learning and intellectual debate and promoting awareness of new ideas.
- We put our authors at the center of all we do.
- We make the process of journal publishing pleasurable, supported by enthusiastic, motivated and professional staff.
- We create a supportive, pleasant and productive working environment for us.
Interested in submitting to this journal? We recommend that you review the About the Journal page for the journal's section policies, as well as the Author Guidelines. Authors need to register with the journal prior to submitting or, if already registered, can simply log in and begin the five-step process.