Information For Authors
Interested in submitting to this journal? We recommend that you review the About the Journal page for the journal's section policies, as well as the Author Guidelines. Authors need to register with the journal prior to submitting or, if already registered, can simply log in and begin the five-step process.
PJQS Ethical Guidelines for the Author(s)
The following ethical guidelines are obligatory for all author(s) violations of which may result in the application of penalties by the editor, including but not limited to the suspension or revocation of publishing privileges.
- Will ensure that the research report and data contain adequate detail and
- Fraudulent or knowingly inaccurate statements are unethical and
Originality and Plagiarism
- Plagiarism in all its forms constitutes unethical publishing behavior and is not acceptable.
- Material quoted verbatim must be placed in quotation marks.
- If more than 19% similarity index has been found in the TURNITIN Similarity index, it will either be rejected (As per HEC’s policy) or left at the discretion of the Editorial Board for the purposes of a conditional acceptance.
- A declaration is required that the manuscript contains solely author original work that is not under consideration for publishing in any other journal in any form.
- A co-authored paper must be accompanied by an undertaking in order to claim the right to authorship and to ensure that all have agreed to the order of authorship.
Multiple, Redundant, and Current Publication
- Authors should not submit manuscripts describing essentially the same research to more than one journal or publication except if it is a re-submission of a rejected or withdrawn manuscript.
- Concurrent submission of the same manuscript to more than one journal is unethical publishing behavior and is unacceptable.
Acknowledgment of Sources
- A paper must always contain a proper acknowledgment of the work of others.
- The author(s) must also acknowledge the contributions of people, organizations, and institutes who assisted the process of research or financial funding (in the acknowledgment).
- It is the duty of the author(s) to conduct a literature review and cite the original publications.
- Authorship of the work may only be credited to those who have made a noteworthy contribution in conceptualization, conducting, data analysis and writing up of the manuscript.
- The corresponding author should ensure that all co-authors have seen and approved the final version of the paper and have agreed to its submission for publication.
Privacy of Participants
- Authors must respect the privacy of the participant(s) of the research.
- Authors must ensure that in instances where the identity of the participant needs to be revealed in the study, explicit and informed consent of the concerned party is obtained.
Data Access and Retention
- The author(s) should provide raw data to the Editor if any question arises about the accuracy or validity of the research work during the review process.
- The author(s) must provide an accurate description of how the images were generated and produced and will ensure they are free of manipulation.
Disclosure and Conflicts of Interest
- The potential conflicts of interest of all author(s) must be conveyed to the editor at the earliest possible stage, including but not limited to employment, consultancies, honoraria, etc.
- All sources of financial support for the project should be disclosed.
Authors may have to sign an agreement for CC-BY.
Manuscript Acceptance and Rejection
- During the review period, the author can contact the Editor to ask about its status.
- In case of revisions, the author(s) must provide an exposition of all corrections made in the manuscript and the revised manuscript should, then, go through the process of affirmation of revisions and be accepted or rejected accordingly.
- In case of dissatisfaction over the decision of rejection, the author can appeal the decision by contacting the Editor.
Instructions for Authors
PJQS is providing a wonderful platform for researchers and academicians, for publishing novel research articles. PJQS is a Bi-Annual, Double blind, international peer-reviewed journal. Unsolicited manuscripts will be welcomed here.
Soft copy of the article should be submitted online through PJQS Portal. Manuscripts should not be submitted via Email or Post. Ensure the anonymity of the authors while uploading the articles, by excluding the names, titles and institutions of the authors in the soft copy. Alternately, add all the details in the Metadata of the submission. Furthermore, Turnitin Similarity Report should be uploaded on OJS.
Manuscripts will be considered for publication only if they have not been published previously and are not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Manuscripts that are submitted to Pakistan Journal of Qur'anic Studies (PJQS) are subject to evaluation by independent national and international referees who are expert in the applicable field.
The decision to accept or reject a manuscript rest solely with PJQS Editor. The Editor, however, base his decision primarily upon the recommendations of the referees who have evaluated the paper.
- Unsolicited Manuscripts must be written in English/Urdu/Arabic. Type the manuscript in MS Word, A4 size. Use the following fonts while writing article:
English Articles: Times New Roman, Font Size: 12 for Normal and 12 Bold for Headings.
Urdu Articles: Jameel Noori Nastaleeq,
Arabic Articles: Sakkal Majalla
For both Arabic & Urdu Articles Font Size must be 14 for Normal and 14 Bold for Headings
- Article must include the following sections and, in the order, given below:
Abstract, (no more than 250 words including Keywords), Introduction, Literature Review, Research Question/s, Research Methodology, Results/Conclusions and Recommendation/s (if any)
- Type the page numbers consecutively, beginning with the title page, in the ٖlower centered comer of each page in English, Urdu and Arabic.
- Write down References in endnotes.
Provide on a separate page an abstract of 150 to 250 words followed by the keywords for respective article. The abstract should consist of labeled background, Literature Review, Research Questions, Research Methodology, Results/Conclusion and Recommendations (if any).
Include the Key Words relating to the article subject in the end of Abstract.
State the purpose of the article and summarize the rationale for the study.
Include appropriate literature review relating to the article subject.
Basic Research Question:
Include research questions relating to the article subject.
Include research methodology opted by the author/s clearly.
Emphasize the new and important aspect of the study and conclusions that follow from them. Link the conclusions with the goals of the study but avoid unqualified statements and conclusions not completely supported by your discussion and references.
Present your results in logical sequence in the text.
Text and references must follow the format outlined in The Chicago Manual of Style like:
Reference Style of “Pakistan Journal of Qur’anic Studies” for Articles in English Language
- Al Maedah, 5 : 52
- Muḥammad bin Ismaīl Al Bukhārī, Al Jāmi Al Ṣaḥīḥ, Book of Call to Prayers (Adhān), Chapter of the shortening of the Qiyām (standing) by the Imam [in Salāt (prayer)] but performing the bowings and the prostrations perfectly (Beirūt: Dār Tawq al Nijāh, 1422H), Ḥadīth No. 702
- Al Bukhārī, Al Jāmi Al Ṣaḥīḥ, Book of Call to Prayers (Adhān), Chapter of Complaining against one's Imam if he prolongs the prayer, Ḥadīth No. 705
- Qazi Suleman Mansoorpuri, Rahmat ulila’ālmin (Faisalabad: Markaz Al Harmain Al Islami, 2007), 1: 116
- Zain ul Abdeen, Tarīkh e Milat(Karachi: IDāra Islamiyat, 1991), 1: 724
- Zain ul Abdeen, Tarīkh e Milat, 1: 727
- Muhammd bin Aḥmad Al Qurṭabī, Al Jām’i li Aḥkām Al Qur’ān((Beirūt: Moasasah Al resalah, 2006), 16: 193
- Safi ur Rehman Mubarakpuri, Al Rahīq Al Makhtūm (Faisalabad: Al Maktabah Al Safia, 2002), 54
- Samuel P. Huntington, Trans. Ahsan But, Tahzebon ka Tasadum (Lahore: Misal Publishing, 2003), 60
Reference Style of “Pakistan Journal of Qur’anic Studies” ” for Articles in Urdu & Arabic Language
المائدة 5 : 52
محمد بن اسماعیل البخاری، الجامع الصحیح، کتاب الاذان، باب تخفیف الامام فی القیام واتمام الرکوع والسجود (بیروت: دار طوق النجاۃ، 1422ھ )، رقم الحدیث: 702
البخاری، الجامع الصحیح، کتاب الاذان، باب من شکاامامہ اذا طول، رقم الحدیث: 705
قاضی سلیمان منصور پوری، رحمۃ للعالمین (فیصل آباد: مرکز الحرمین الاسلامی، 2007ء)، 1: 116
زین العابدین، تاریخ ملت (کراچی: ادارہ اسلامیات، 1991ء) ،1: 724
زین العابدین، تاریخ ملت ،1: 727
عبد اللہ بن احمد قرطبی، الجامع لاحکام القرآن (بیروت: مؤسۃ الرسالہ، 2006ء)، 16: 193
صفی الرحمٰن مبارکپوری، الرحیق المختوم (فیصل آباد: المکتبۃ السلفیہ، 2002ء)، 54
سیموئیل پی ہنٹنگٹن، مترجم: احسن بٹ، تہذیبوں کا تصادم ) لاہور: مثال پبلشنگ، ۲۰۰۳ء(، ۶۰
All footnotes citing books must contain the complete name of the author(s), title, place of publication, publishing company, and date. All foreign words must be underlined and transliterated.
PJQS reserves the right to change the transliteration of all historical names, titles, and non-English terminology to bring conformity with its own style.